Turn prize possessions and family heirlooms into modern art photographs.
How does it work?
Clients mail their chosen object to The Heirloomist's studio via insured trackable FedEx or UPS. We photograph your object and send you a proof image via email, usually within 48 hours. Your object is then returned the same way it was sent. We then print a photograph for you according to your size specifications. Payment is due at this time. Your print is mailed to you at no cost in about 5 days..
How long does it take?
In most cases, less than 3 weeks. A typical order takes about 14 days.
How much does it cost?
It depends on the size of your print. We work with all budgets. Visit our pricing page by clicking here or request a quote here. Rusher orders are 100% possible. Price varies.
What form of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, Paypal, ChaseQuickpay and Venmo. Checks are accepted if they arrive in the same package as your heirloom.
I have a question, how do I contact you?
Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to schedule a call, we are happy to chat.
Do you offer gift certificates?
YES. You can purchase one by clicking here and submitting a form. You can pay by credit card, Paypal, or Venmo.
Am I responsible for shipping charges?
The only shipping charges you are responsible for are getting your object to our studio via FedEx or UPS. All other shipping expense is complimentary. Fees may apply to oversized objects.
Who is The Heirloomist?
The Heirloomist is a professional still life photographer with almost 10 years experience working in the commercial photography space. Her work has been featured in Rolling Stone, Time, and The New Yorker. Click here to learn more about Shana Novak's work.
Isn't sending an heirloom risky?
Our photo studio has a staffed mailroom waiting for your delivery 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Modern tracking number technology and delivery signature requirements leave little room for trouble. Still, packages should be packed using several layers of thick padding and professional-grade protection. Sender assumes all risk. While in our care, we take every precaution to treat your object professionally. Commissioning a photograph means you understand this and will not hold The Heirloomist liable for damage in shipping or while in our care.
Which heirloom should I choose?
If it means something special, it's perfect. It can belong to a family member, friend, yourself, or even a pet.
Personalized art in seven steps:
1. When you know which prize possession or family heirloom you'd like photographed, contact us by clicking here to schedule your photoshoot.
2. Send your object to our photo studio using insured FedEx, UPS, or USPS and a tracking number. We have a staffed mailroom waiting for your delivery 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If the situation calls for it, we bring the photo shoot to you.
3. On the day of your photoshoot, your object will be treated like fine art. We literally wear white gloves! Our process is based on capturing the perfect angle, light, and energy of your object.
4. A proof image is emailed to you as soon as the shoot is finished so you can get a sneak peak at your art. We return your object--professionally packed and tracked-- within 48 hours at no cost.
5. Your photograph is printed on archival paper at a professional lab. The size of your print is up to you. We make art for every budget.
6. Payment is due once your print order has been placed. We accept all major credit cards, Venmo, and PayPal. Click here to learn about pricing.
7. Your print is signed and sent to you within 5 days.