How long does it take?
In most cases, less than 3 weeks. A typical order takes about 14 days. Rush orders are 100% possible for an additional fee.
How does this work exactly?
Clients mail their chosen object to The Heirloomist's studio via insured trackable FedEx or UPS. We photograph your object and send you a proof image to approve via email on the day of your shoot. Your object is then returned the same way it was sent. We then print a photograph for you according to your size specifications. Payment is due at this time. Your print is mailed to you at no cost in about 7 days.
Do I get to see my art before you send it?
Yes. On the day of your photoshoot, we email you versions of your photograph for you to approve and choose from.
How do I pay?
Payment is due when your print order is placed. We accept all major credit cards, Paypal, and Venmo. Checks are accepted if they arrive in the same package as your heirloom.
Can I have my art framed?
We offer framing services for an additional fee. We wholeheartedly believe in the craft of fine art framing and want your art to be preserved properly. However, we always suggest framing local-- support a small business AND pick out a frame that fits your taste. WIN WIN!
How much does it cost?
It depends on the size of your print. We work with all budgets. Visit our pricing page by clicking here or request a quote here. Rusher orders are 100% possible. Price varies.
Can I have more than one item in my photograph?
If you have a collection of items or want a few momentos grouped together, we totally get it! We'll schedule a call to coordinate which items you want to use and how to incorporate them. At that time, creative direction and an additional handling fee will be decided.
I have a question, how do I contact you?
Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to schedule a call, we are happy to chat.
Do you offer gift certificates?
YES. You can purchase one by clicking here and submitting a form. You can pay by credit card, Paypal, or Venmo.
Am I responsible for shipping charges?
The only shipping charges you are responsible for are getting your object to our studio via FedEx or UPS. All other shipping expense is complimentary. Fees may apply to oversized objects.
Who is The Heirloomist?
The Heirloomist is a professional still life photographer with almost 10 years experience working in the commercial photography space. Her work has been featured in Rolling Stone, Time, and The New Yorker. Click here to learn more about Shana Novak's work.
Isn't sending an heirloom risky?
Our photo studio has a staffed mailroom waiting for your delivery 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Modern tracking number technology and delivery signature requirements leave little room for trouble. Still, packages should be packed using several layers of thick padding and professional-grade protection. Sender assumes all risk. While in our care, we take every precaution to treat your object professionally. Commissioning a photograph means you understand this and will not hold The Heirloomist liable for damage in shipping or while in our care.
Do you work with international clients?
Yep! Shipping prices apply but we welcome clients from all corners of the word!
Which heirloom should I choose?
If it means something special, it's perfect. It can belong to a family member, friend, yourself, or even a pet.
Personalized art in seven steps:
1. When you know which prize possession or family heirloom you'd like photographed, contact us by clicking here to schedule your photoshoot.
2. Send your object to our photo studio using insured FedEx, UPS, or USPS and a tracking number. We have a staffed mailroom waiting for your delivery 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
3. On the day of your photoshoot, your object will be treated like fine art. We literally wear white gloves! Our process is based on capturing the perfect angle, light, and energy of your object.
4. A proof image is emailed to you for approval. Once your image is approved, we return your object--professionally packed and tracked.
5. Your photograph is printed on archival paper at a professional lab. The size of your print is up to you.
6. Payment is due once your print order has been placed. We accept all major credit cards, Venmo, and PayPal.
7. Your print is signed and sent to you within 5 days.